Around the entire country, tile roofs are an incredibly popular choice for many homeowners. With their unique style and reliable durability, tiles are popular for a good reason. If you take good care of your tile roof, it can last well over 70 years. If you neglect your tile roof, it will quickly deteriorate and cost you a small fortune in repairs. If and when your tile roof does suffer damage, you can either attempt the repairs on your own, or you could simply call a great Clearwater, FL tile roof repair company to handle all of the hard work for you. No matter which you choose, tile roofs are expensive and difficult to repair, so avoid any damage at all costs.
Advantages of Tile Roofs
Tiles are made of all sorts of different materials, although traditionally they are made of clay. Whatever the material of your tiles, they will still share these traits that make them quite beneficial.
1. Fire-Resistance Being incredibly fire-resistant, tile roofs will suffer little damage in the case of a house fire as long as their support is not damaged either. This can greatly help reduce the amount of repairs needed after a fire, potentially preventing full tile roof reconstruction.
2. Weatherproof In addition to their fire-resistance, tile roofs also tend to do great in all sorts of weather conditions. Anything from harsh winters to tropical storms will affect tile roofs less than many other styles, especially if well maintained too.
3. Aesthetically Appealing As they can be made of many different materials, tile roofs come in a ton of different styles and colors.
4. Durability Tile roofs are most known for being quite durable to most forms of damage. They are also among the most long-lasting materials out there. If you manage to maintain tile roofs properly, they can last over 75 years while many other materials last around 25 years. This can save you a great deal of money on tile roof replacements.
Disadvantages of Tile Roofs
As obvious from above, tile roofs are a great choice, but they do still have their own issues they need to deal with.
1. Tile Roof Cost Tiles are cheap, no matter what they are made of. They are difficult to construct and manage which inflates their price. They are also quite heavy and require stronger support than other roofing materials. If you are looking to get a tile roof, only do so if you have plenty of money set aside for the project.
2. Tile Roofs are Complex to Repair While tiles are strong against the weather and fire, against a blunt force they are among the weakest out there. They are brittle and easy to break while working with them or walking on them. As a result, it becomes much more difficult to perform any tile roof repairs and it should only be left to qualified Clearwater, FL residential tile roof repair specialists. Even simple maintenance and single roof tile replacement becomes quite the task when you don’t know what you’re doing. It is not easy to fix broken roof tiles, so avoid breaking them at all costs and leave the hard work to the tile roof repair experts in Clearwater, FL.
How to Maintain a Tile Roof?
The best way to avoid tile roof damage, maintain your roof through thick and thin. Doing this will help your roof stick around as long as possible and save you a load of money. Here are some basic tile roof maintenance guidelines to follow: 1. Trim any Nearby Trees Trees will be your worst enemy, especially for tile roofs. Their branches can easily brush or scrape your roof, and since tiles are so brittle, this will easily break your tiles. Tiles will also constantly provide algae and moss to your roof if they are close enough. To avoid both of these, all you need to do is trim back all of the trees near your roof. If need be, cut down or transplant trees. 2. Annual Inspections The majority of tile roof damage tends to occur during the winter, as a result, you should perform annual tile roof inspections in the spring to catch any new damage and quickly repair it. To do this on your own, use a pair of binoculars to scan your roof from the ground looking for any damaged or displaced tiles. If you want a thorough inspection, call on Clearwater tile roof repair experts to perform a great tile roof evaluation. Their vast experience will let them spot things the majority of homeowners would miss. No matter what, inspections will always be a great investment. 3. Clear Algae and Moss Tiles are a great place for algae and moss to grow, and trust us, they will grow fast. Luckily, it is easy to remove any growth from tile roofs. use a low-pressure washer and some detergent and spray off any growth.
How Much Does Tile Roof Repair Cost?
More so than nearly any other roofing material, tiles are expensive to repair and install. Although all tile roof repair costs will be different as each job will be different, you should expect to pay from $400-$8,000.The lower end would be cracked roof tile repair costs while the higher end would be tile roof replacement costs. To have your own accurate quote, schedule an inspection today and get a free quote!
How do I Find Tile Roofers Near Me?
If you ever wonder “How do I get a Clearwater tile roof repair near me?” then all you need to do is come to us because you found the best. With the help of our industry-defining team of tile roof repair contractors at Clearwater, FL Tile Roof Repair, no job is too big. These are just a few of the tile roof repair services we offer: